We call upon the talented community of dogsigners, craftsmen and artisans to create the most fantastic animal shelters imaginable — then share the finished product with the public in a months-long Dogtown extravaganza. The selected designs will be introduced at our Dogsigners Showcase Reception at Brick City center for the Arts in the spring of 2007.
Forms Download Center
|Barkitecture Registration Form||Barkitecture Permit Application||Bark About It Form|
|Assignment of Rights Form||Building Design Guidelines||Dogsigner Deadlines|
|Material Donation Form||Dogtown Civic Association Form|
Building Design Guidelines
- House may be tailored for four-footed friends of canine (dog) or feline (cat) persuasion.
- All material should be animal-friendly. No material may be used that is harmful to animals. Please check with your local veterinarian for more information.
- It must be constructed to be functional and durable, but can be designed for use either indoors or outside. However, please remember all Barkitecture entries will be displayed outdoors.
- Casters or rollers appropriate to the size and weight of the house must be attached for ease in transportation.
- The weight must not exceed 500 pounds.
- Maximum Dimensions: 5' wide x 5' deep x 9’ tall - including casters. Unfortunately, due to space constraints, if your creation does exceed these dimensions, we will not be able to accept it.
- Minimum Dimensions: 2’ wide x 2’ deep x 2’ tall. You may also want to consider that houses intended for indoor use should be able to fit through a doorway.
Disclaimer: Marion Cultural Alliance & Humane Society of Marion County do not guarantee the return of entries, photographs, or any material generated for the production of the auction to the entrant. We suggest that you document your design and/or construction process, and photograph your own entry for your own records and portfolio uses. MCA & HSMC reserve the rights to publish and reproduce images of all entries for any purpose. We encourage entrants to adhere to the durability guidelines to maintain the desired design aesthetic for exterior or interior display during the course of the event. We are not responsible for any damage that may happen to entries during the display, auction, or transporting of entries. All decisions and awards made by MCA & HSMC are final. MCA & HSMC reserve the right to reject any entry for failure to comply with the guidelines above. Failure to comply with the entry guidelines may be grounds for disqualification at the discretion of MCA & HSMC. All entries will become the property of MCA & HSMC until they are auctioned and picked up by their future buyer. It is our right to auction all entries at any price we choose, and all entrants shall consider their entries as personal donations to benefit MCA & HSMC. By submitting an entry, you will signify that you agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
The above documents require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the program for free if you don’t already have it on your computer.